Buying a Home In Dubuque
Buying a home is probably the biggest investment you will make, with long-term financial ramifications. You need to make informed decisions and rely on good advice from a real estate professional. As an experienced Realtor who knows Dubuque inside and out, I can help you find the home you like, in the budget you can afford. As a Realtor with nearly 25 years’ experience and as an active member of the community, I’m the person to help you find your home.
Before You Start Looking For Your New Home:
- Check your credit rating. Straighten out any errors before it’s too late.
- Determine a comfortable monthly budget for your new purchase, including down payment and monthly payment.
- Find a loan program that meets your needs and get pre-qualified (preferably pre-approved).
Helping You Look For Your Home in Dubuque
- If you’re new to Dubuque I’ll take you on extended tour of the community so that you’ll know where you want to live, but also learn all that the city has to offer.
- Go over what features you’re looking for in a home.
- Help decide on which areas you’d prefer to live in.
- With access to a listing of all available homes in the multi-list system, I will evaluate them in terms of your needs and affordability. I will not waste your time showing you unsuitable homes. I will supply information on real estate values, taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities.
- Contact the seller with your offer and follow up with their response.
- Negotiate favorable terms so that you don’t overpay for your home.
- Get necessary inspections done to ensure there are no issues with the property. you with a list of qualified home inspectors, pest inspectors, surveyors, and help to coordinate inspection appointments.
- Explain terms of your purchase and help with closing.
Closing Costs to Expect:
- Lender fees include charges for loan processing, underwriting, preparation and establishing an escrow account.
- Third-party fees include charges for insurance, title search, and other inspections such as termites.
- Government fees include deed recording and state & local mortgage taxes.
- Escrow and interest fees include homeowner's insurance, loan interest, real estate taxes, and occasionally private mortgage insurance.
If you’re looking to buy a home in Dubuque, then contact me today.